Favorite Top 10 Gear Ideas from My Race Ragz!
There’s not much time left to get your holiday shopping done, but if you have runners, fitness buffs or triathletes in your life, we’ve compiled a list of our favorites, straight from the My Race Ragz crew!
Here at My Race Ragz, we do a little of everything. Mr. My Race Ragz, Kevin, is the cyclist at heart who loves to run for brews and does some triathloning too. (Did you know he rode from Florida to Washington D.C. by himself? He did.)
Mrs. My Race Ragz, Joanna, is the runner. She’s pretty hard core. And really fast.
The My Race Ragz socialite, Christie, tries to do a little of each in a mid-packery fashion.
So here’s some of our tried and true favorites and all of these have gone swim-bike-and-running miles and miles with us, so we hope you can find some ideas for the athletes in your life!
1. My Race Ragz OK, yes we made our own list, but we wouldn’t be doing this if we didn’t love it, would we? We wear our products, it is what we wear on race day and in training. You should too! You really can’t go wrong with a personalized moisture wicking shirt. #theend By the way, we should mention you can purchase a My Race Ragz gift certificate so your athlete can design their own shirt, or you can design one for them!
2. Swim lap counter Oh but there’s more! Keep losing count of your swim laps? You think you swam 1,000 meters but really you swam 700? Keep track with a lap counter that fits on your finger. Who knew there was a convenient lap counter this small? It’s cool.
3. Cycle Ops Indoor Bike Trainer It might be cold out. It might be icy. It might be rainy. But with a bike trainer, THERE ARE NO EXCUSES. So get on your bike already!
4. A visor or a Bondi Band Moisture-wicking sweat bands that have cool sayings on them? Shah! We’re all about cool sayings on stuff! Plus these really keep the sweat out of your eyes. Visors and Bondi Bands used
obsessively by both Christie and Joanna.
5. Yurbuds Ear Buds Taking your earbuds to the next level! The Ironman Earbuds used by Kevin, who says (and I quote) they “turn a cheap earbud into an awesome one.” Sold! Now I want some.
6. Pandora iPhone app Also a Kevin favorite. You can personalize your own radio station with your favorite artists for your workouts and for race day. That’s pretty cool.
7. Garmin None of us can take nary a step without a Garmin or we feel nekkid. They’re all pretty amazing but the 310xt is partially waterproof, while the 305 is only water resistant (yes there’s a difference). The 405 is water resistant but the face doesn’t detach like the others do. However, it wirelessly uploads data to your computer. (Schwing!) Whichever you decide on, you will not be sorry. Caution though: after you’ve been using it for a while, you will feel paralyzed if you forget it.
8. Water. We don’t have a favorite water vessel but we all agree that WATER is our favorite. You can’t really give water as a gift, (well I guess you can, but would you want to?) You can however, personalize your own water bottles at Cafe Press.
9. Go Sport ID or Road ID Don’t train without wearable identification! What if something happens to you and you can’t speak? People get hit by cars all the time! What if you have allergies? Don’t you want your significant other to be contacted right away? Of course you do! They’re not that expensive and they make great stocking stuffers. You really shouldn’t leave your home without one of these. Safety first!
10. Waterproof Headphones & Case Oh, you haven’t lived until you’ve swam with music. It’s pretty cool. Unless of course you get stuck in the middle of a playlist that includes international festival music you downloaded for your child’s spring festival and you’re left swimming to parade music. Followed by Christmas music in August because you forgot that “shuffle” means “shuffle.” Oh, and make sure you CLOSE the waterproof case BEFORE you swim. Or else you will turn off the “waterproofing” feature of the case and then you will need a new iPod. Just saying. Learn from us. But swimming with music is fabulous.
What are your favorites in your workout & running arsenal? Feel free to share in the comments!